The Civis Platform is a cloud-based data science platform. This Parsons connector utilizes the Civis API Python client to interact with the Civis Platform. It supports executing Civis SQL queries and writing Parsons Tables to a Civis Redshift cluster.
CivisClientclass requires your Redshift database ID or name, and an API Key. To obtain an API Key, log in to Civis and follow the instructions for Creating an API Key.
To instantiate the
CivisClient class, you can either store your database identifier and API Key as
environmental variables (
CIVIS_API_KEY) or pass them as keyword arguments.
CivisClient(db=None, api_key=None, **kwargs)¶
Instantiate the Civis class.
- Civis class
The Civis API client. Utilize this attribute to access to lower level and more advanced methods which might not be surfaced in Parsons. A list of the methods can be found by reading the Civis API client documentation.
query(sql, preview_rows=10, polling_interval=None, hidden=True, wait=True)¶
Execute a SQL statement as a Civis query.
Run a query that may return no results or where only a small preview is required. To execute a query that returns a large number of rows, see
- sql: str
- The SQL statement to execute.
- preview_rows: int, optional
- The maximum number of rows to return. No more than 100 rows can be returned at once.
- polling_interval: int or float, optional
- Number of seconds to wait between checks for query completion.
- hidden: bool, optional
True(the default), this job will not appear in the Civis UI.
- wait: boolean
True, will wait for query to finish executing before exiting the method.
- Parsons Table
- See Parsons Table for output options.
table_import(table_obj, table, max_errors=None, existing_table_rows='fail', diststyle=None, distkey=None, sortkey1=None, sortkey2=None, wait=True, **civisargs)¶
Write the table to a Civis Redshift cluster. Additional key word arguments can passed to civis.io.dataframe_to_civis() # noqa: E501
- table_obj: obj
- A Parsons Table object
- table: str
- The schema and table you want to upload to. E.g., ‘scratch.table’. Schemas or tablenames with periods must be double quoted, e.g. ‘scratch.”my.table”’.
- api_key: str
- Your Civis API key. If not given, the CIVIS_API_KEY environment variable will be used.
- max_errors: int
- The maximum number of rows with errors to remove from the import before failing.
- existing_table_rows: str
- The behaviour if a table with the requested name already exists. One of ‘fail’, ‘truncate’, ‘append’ or ‘drop’. Defaults to ‘fail’.
- diststyle: str
- The distribution style for the table. One of ‘even’, ‘all’ or ‘key’.
- distkey: str
- The column to use as the distkey for the table.
- sortkey1: str
- The column to use as the sortkey for the table.
- sortkey2: str
- The second column in a compound sortkey for the table.
- wait: boolean
- Wait for write job to complete before exiting method.